Monday, March 8, 2010

Get The Right Info

Comment from a reader on: "Exit Ticket Required"

I would advise the permanent visa applicant to proceed with utmost caution.

For starters, it should not take more than a month to gain 13A status, provided the requisite documents are in order.

Secondly, Id take with a grain of salt any/all advice given "off the cuff" from local Immigration officials. Ask for a reference by article and verse.

The last time I had occasion to visit a Philippine Counsulate, they were NOT empowered to issue ACR's. When so requested, they would issue a visa for the purpose of entering the Philippines, THEN apply.

I'm guessing that the Counsulates can issue Student visa's for extended stays, but that quite a different matter from PR status.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and/or outdated in my assumptions

and another;

My practical advise:
a. prepare the format of an e-ticket on Word
b. fill in a date of exit with any airline of choice on an existing flight nr
c. print out

That will satisfy them and works well.Be smarter than the bureaucrats setting and implementing those rules....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comments and contributions!

Just send your coments to thesubicbulletin @ gmail.com