Monday, April 5, 2010

GSIS insurance

Comment from a reader on GSIS-SBMA Insurance

In other words it doesn't matter if the Leaseholder is exposed as long as SBMA is protected.

This doesn't surprise me a bit. I've lived in the Philippines less than two years but it never ceases to amaze me the bad deals people are offered by businesses and how willingly they fall in line to pay money they may never get back.

SBMA has some nice stores and restaurant but I have been stopped by SBMA's finest five times and extorted for bribes. It just doesn't make me want to spend money there.

I spend as little as I can there and go on SBMA as little as I can because of the corrupt police. I consider it a necessary evil because there are a few imported goods I want to purchase and can only purchase on SBMA. I live in Subic and have never been treated unfairly or asked for a bribe by either the national or city police. I know other people have not been treated well by them either.

[The Subic Bulletin] In less than 2 years you have been stopped by the SBMA law enforcement 5 times and you don't even live inside the Freeport? That must be a record? How do you possibly draw attention to yourself that much?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comments and contributions!

Just send your coments to thesubicbulletin @ gmail.com