Sunday, September 13, 2009

Investing Without A Visa Is Keeping Your Investment Safe

Comment from a reader on "SBMA Taunts Indignant Subic Investors":

I have lived in the Philippines 15 months and so far I love it but I would never invest one penny here. I really wouldn't invest any money in anything I didn't understand completely and trust (Warren Buffet's advise).

Does anyone truly believe a foreigner will be treated fairly if a local has the opportunity to get more money by treating him unfairly?

How will you protect yourself? Get a lawyer? Do you feel totally safe and secure that if you pay a lawyer, by taking your money and accepting you as a client, he will be an agressive uncompromising advocate for your best interests?

My advise for newbies who love the country as much as I do is continue to enjoy it but RENT on a month to month basis,

I will gladly undergo the expense and inconvenience of renewing my visa every two motnhs and leaving the country every 16 months. At least I can sleep at night.

Perhaps I am too paranoid or too careful but I don't trust a lot of people to have my best interests at heart.

[The Subic Bulletin] Coincidentally there seems to be an overwhelming number of houses for rent in the Subic Freeport right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comments and contributions!

Just send your coments to thesubicbulletin @ gmail.com