Sunday, October 11, 2009

No Money Back Guarantee In The Philippines

Comment from a reader on "Government Provided Consumer Protection":

hear hear.

Perhaps a peek into the Brit education system woudn't hurt either.

On a recent trip to the states, I also noticed that most businesses had a 15-30 day money back guarantee on products. Once I had to return something just because I decided I no longer wanted it. To my amazement I didn't have to lie or make up any excuses for my decision and received a full refund on the spot.

Compare that to, here, where you'll be lucky to get a 3-day warranty and never have I witnessed money being returned to a consumer, even if the product is faulty.

I think we just have to face facts that there are a lot of procedures and laws that at one time worked in the middle ages, but no longer apply today and need to be revised, but who has the time to do that? especially when there's no money in it (which tends to win over goodwill any day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comments and contributions!

Just send your coments to thesubicbulletin @ gmail.com