Friday, February 5, 2010

Crooked Immigration At Cebu Pacific Terminal

Comment from a reader on "Cebu Pacific's Bad Attitude":

I returned to the Philippines on Jan 4, 2010 via Cebu Pacific through Manila arriving around 5am. The innigration room was full of arriving passengers and it took me almost 2 hours to reach an immigration officer.

I too am married to a Filipina but have a tourist status because I refuse to go through the 13a bs. I was asked for a ticket exiting the Philippines, which I produced. However, the immigration officer said it was not valid because the flight was on Feb 12, 2010 and I was only allowed 21 days in country.

My passport has many extension stamps in it and I told the immigration officer that I would extend after the initial 21 days. He refused to stamp my passport and directed me to see a Cebu Pacific representative in order to buy a ticket.

After protesting quite loudly about this bs he changed his mind and stamped me in.

My question is if you have a ticket to exit the country does the date have to be within the 21 days? Also, why was there only 6 immigration officers working at this time of the morning when so many flights come in, when I got there the room was half full but by the time I left it was full!!!

I have my own theory on why so few immigration officers were working but will keep that to myself!

[The Subic Bulletin] Sounds like the Immigration officer is on commission from Cebu Pacific. There is no doubt they are taking advantage of customers that they should be helping instead. The best advice seems to be don't fly Cebu Pacific!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comments and contributions!

Just send your coments to thesubicbulletin @ gmail.com