Monday, February 1, 2010

Investments For My Wife’s Family

Comment from a reader on "Land Ownership for Foreigners":

One of the problems in investing in the Philippines, is that many of the hazards are well hidden. After buying my Philippina wife a very nice home in Laguna with hot-spring pool, I wanted to invest in a condo (which everyone told me was something foreigners could do, subject to a 40% rule on overall foreign ownership).

I did not know that if the phrase (married to Juanita De La Cruz) was added to the Title, you have lost 50% of your investment already, and given the difficulty of your American heirs coming here to corrupt the judges, you have probably already lost the entire condo to your wife's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comments and contributions!

Just send your coments to thesubicbulletin @ gmail.com