Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Subic Fuel Pricing Cartel

Comment from a reader on "A Freeport is a Special Customs Area":

I am the originator of the "Subic is Not a Freeport", and wish to add more fuel to the fire I lit originally. Just before the Easter Holiday, I drove to Clark and then San Fernando (to the SM Mall), and then returned by the old road which Victory Liners still use.

Outside of SF, the price of diesel fuel was 24.5 peso/liter. I decided to fill up upon my return to the SBFZ. What a mistake that was! When I got here, the price at the pump was 30 pesos per liter!

How can that be? Diesel fuel here in SBMA is 5.5 PESOS HIGHER THAN WHAT CAN BE PURCHASED OUTSIDE OF THE FREEPORT ZONE!!!

What a terrible, terrible joke this place is. My original comments still stand, and I feel it is going to get far worse before we ever see any improvement, if ever.

[The Subic Bulletin] Its also astonishing how much cheaper fuel is in Pampanga, most people I know fill up before hitting the SCTEX. Is this some sort of price fixing cartel going on in the Subic area?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comments and contributions!

Just send your coments to thesubicbulletin @ gmail.com