Saturday, May 16, 2009

Where Is Our SM Mall?


Comment from a reader on the post "Royal Has More Problems than its Parking Lot"

I agree that the Tantoco family should spend a little of their wealth on a facelift for the parking lot. God knows they have the money.
The facelift is a JOKE! The aisles are too small to let two wagons pass each other. The reason for the facelift is to stock more local junk which can be brought more cheaply in the local markets. They are just looking for a higher profit margin at the expense of local vendors. I have noticed over the last few months that they are stocking more and more import items (especially from USA) that have near expired or already expired dates on them. You have to be very careful with each item you buy.
I have changed my shopping pattern by traveling to SM Food Mart in San Fernando every two weeks to do my major shopping. I get my fish, meat, veggie and bakery goods locally. Even with the travel money involved, I am saving money and I am finding everything I got at Royal now at SM Food Mart.
I can not understand why Clark has an SM Mall and we don't. We have a higher population in our Freeport. We need to get these smugger families out of the Freeport and bring in SM. Lets make that our next issue. We deserve better then what the Tantocos are offering. Lets give them some real competition in the Freeport.

From The Subic Bulletin: The number of people doing their shopping in Pampanga now that the freeway is open seems to be growing and there is not one but two SM's to choose from in reach of the freeway. Investors have told us that Subic is too greedy (unless your "connected"), that their is too much to pay to get businesses set up here, is this also the case with SM and the other mall operators?

Where is our SM Mall???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comments and contributions!

Just send your coments to thesubicbulletin @ gmail.com